Thursday, January 25

  • My bus driver this morning was a woman with a long maneof cury hair highlighted in orange. Seems a sterotype,  but she was much nicer than the usual driver, saying goodbye to the school girls who got off, giving an time estimate for when she'd reach a stop, and saying, "Running late too."  The bus was ten minutes late
  • The beautiful intricacy of the multi-directional braids criscrossing the head of the woman in front of me. The contrast between their tight dicipline, and the wavy mane of the woman sitting across her.

  • The battered fallen leaves by the edge of the curb. Once you you see them, they are everywhere, beneath all the be growth in the planters.

  • The perfect dome of Y.'s head  tucks pagainst the  edge of my jaw. From the corner of my eye, I see the transculucent skin where the back of her ear meets her skull.
  • As she falls asleep, she gets warmer and denser against me.

Comments